Monday, November 3, 2008

Checking Out Some Social Networking Sites.

Personally, I like to spread my procrastination time between iTunes, Facebook, and my bands Myspace page. When I first signed up for facebook, the layout was very straightforward, and not used for quizzes, games, and all this other application stuff. Now since it has been sold away to become a corporation, ads and the like appear all over the website. I use Facebook as a means to talk with people I usually don't see everyday, joke around with my friends, and goof on funny pictures of them. Facebook has helped me find people (and them in finding me) I haven't seen since elementary school. It is awkward at first, but its nice to see some familiar faces you haven't seen in years.

As a musician myself, Myspace in an invaluable tool that I can use to promote my bands music, post bulletins telling people about our upcoming shows, post videos, and communicate with booking agencies and other companies whose services I can use. The personal page I have set up on Myspace, I find myself not using or logging into quite as often anymore. I find Facebook a lot more enjoyable to waste time on, not having to load everyones gigantic page with a billion pictures and songs playing at once, or deal with fictional display names.

1 comment:

David Fang said...

I certainly agree that myspace is directed towards musicians. Since I am a musician myself, the website is good site to promote music and getting in touch with fellow musicians.