Monday, December 15, 2008

My Term Research Project

For my term research project/presentation, I wrote about New Media and its effect on marketing modern music. This mainly concerns the internet and how it has broadened the marketing capability of music. I concentrated on new media monster MySpace, and a newer website, iLike. MySpace lets musicians or bands create their own personal pages, free of charge. The pages contain biographies, pictures, as well as blog posts and up to 6 streaming songs. iLike is similar to that of MySpace, but lets fans interact with one another, and network with those who have similar tastes in music to theirs.

The overall conclusion of my project was that the Internet has really opened up the possibilities for musicians to develop their image and get it out to the world. The Internet helps spread the word out faster about your music, and brings the musician closer to the fan.

1 comment:

John said...

Hey Jordon,
great presentation. I had not heard of Ilike before. This now on my favorites list. Its great that new artists can market themselves and the public can get a chance to hear new music that is unfiltered by the large recoed labels.